My First Day of Kindergarten...

(Say this in a lisp)
So this morning when I got up I was very, very tired so I went back to sleep. But all of a sudden I hear a loud yell that came from downstairs. Guess what I heard. It was my mom screaming my name.
"Arther!" (No lisp)
When I heard my mom yell my name like that I was so scared. I thought that she was going to kill me for eating the whole chocolate from the fridge last night. What am I going to do?
"Arther get down here!" (No lisp)
I was so nervous, my eyes were starting to tear up. But when I came downstairs my mom had a Superman backpack in her hands. I was so confused. But in my mind I was SO happy that she wasn't mad at me for eating the chocolate cake. Few. But instead she told me that I was going to start school today. When I heard that I was starting school I was so happy! All I could think about is the new friends that I'm going to make on my first day of kindergarten. They are going to think that I'm so cool with all of my Hot Wheels toys and they would want to play with me all day.
"OK Arther, it's time to go get ready, now run along and go brush your teeth and get ready." (No lisp)
My mom told me that it's twenty-five minutes before school starts and that I have to be ready to go in twenty minutes because Mommy hates being late, trust me. I run upstairs with my Superman backpack and left it in my room to go brush my teeth and get dressed. When I come in my room I see that my mom has already packed my Superman backpack with a small notebook and a Superman pencil case. So all I have to do now is fill the rest up with my awesome Hot Wheels toys so that me and my new friends can play. Finally after looking forever for my most amazing Hot Wheels toys I zipped up my Superman backpack and went downstairs to put my shoes on and go to my very first day of kindergarten.

***
When I got there I was so happy to see all these kids that were going to be my best friends. Before I went to line up in my line just like all of the other kids that came early I gave my mom a big hug and said goodbye to her. I was quiet in my line because everyone else was and I didn't want to embarrass myself by talking out loud. When the bell rand it was time to go inside the school. As I was going inside I waved my last goodbyes to my mom and by the time I know it I was inside the school. This was so exciting!
When I went into my classroom I was sent to one of these box like thingies and I was told that this is the space I have to use to put all my stuff, and beneath it there are two hooks on either side in a longer box thingy. So that is where I put my Superman backpack. Then our teacher told us to find our name on a desk and sit there. Sadly I found my name on the desk at the back of the class. I was so sad. I can't believe that my teacher would do something to such a wonderful four-year-old kid like me. Sigh. Oh well, maybe she will see what a good kid I am and put me in the front of the class where all of the special kids should sit. Like me.
The teacher kept talking on and on about the same things again. I think it's because Lauren kept asking the same stupid question again and again. "Where is the washroom, where is the washroom." She is so annoying! Anyway we have five more minutest of Mrs. Teacher blabbering about the same things over and over again until it's break time and then we get to go outside for recess and that is when I'm going to show off my amazing Hot Wheels toys and everyone is going to be my bestest friend.

***
When I went outside holding by Hot Wheels toys no one really noticed me. Not even when I did the most amazing shark attack move. I felt so lonely. I guess that I guessed wrong. I really didn't make new friends. When the bell rand to go inside I cleaned up my toys and put them in a box, but I didn't know that I had forgotten to close the clip so that nothing falls out. When I pick up my box everything smashes onto the pavement and everyone turns to face me. And then they start laughing at me. At that moment everything looks like it's in slow motion to me because first of all I felt so hurt and sad that I had no friend and second of all my eyes were beginning to tear up, and I started crying. Everyone continued to go inside the school accept the teacher. She stayed back to talk to me.
"It's OK Arther, accidents happen all the time. Now come on and let's go inside." (No lisp)
I didn't want to go inside but the teacher grabbed my wrist and I ended up going inside to my seat in the back of the class. I hate my school, I hate my class and I hate everything to do with all of the bratty kids in my class. So I stayed quiet for the rest of the day in class.
When school was over, and it was time to go home, I saw my mom waiting for me in front of our car waving at me. I just looked at her and continued walking with my head down.
"So Arther, how was your day?" (No lisp)
I just ignored her because she was the one that made me go to school in the first place. So I just jumped in our car and sat there with my seat belt buckled. When my mom got in the car she told me that the first day of school is always the hardest for some kids. She told me that her first day was the same way when I told her my story. And that made me feel a little bit more comfortable on the ride back home.
When my mom and I arrived home I ate dinner and I went to play a bit of my kid station before going to bed. Although this was the most tiring day of my life I still have hope for my second day to be much better and that I make tons of friends.
THE END

0 comments:

Post a Comment